Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Assignment 2: Jekyll & Hyde













Here's my submission for Assignment 2: Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde.

The biggest challenge for me was trying to develop a take on Doctor Jekyll that would reach beyond my first instinct, which was, 'just make him opposite of whatever Mister Hyde is." 

I didn't want to create a boring Jekyll to contrast with an interesting Hyde, so I tried thinking of story settings that answered the question, "why did Doctor Jekyll create Mister Hyde?"

A few answers I came up with were: to cure a physical handicap, to punish those he deemed wicked, to pursue scientific endeavors no matter where they led, revenge, romance, drunken mishap, curiosity, and the age old standby, because that's what megalomaniacs do.

I spent so much time on Jekyll that it left little time for Hyde - but that's the way it goes.



1 comment:

  1. Great silhouettes Brian! They seem to be almost completely thought out already - like I can fill in the details without the "lights on," if you will.

    ReplyDelete