Monday, September 5, 2011

Self Portrait Sketches


I wrapped up a sketchbook last week, so I took the self-portrait assignment as an opportunity to start a new book this weekend. I finally got into a nice Paperchase book with brown paper that I picked up at Borders well over a year ago with this one. :)



I scribbled this one quickly with a ball-point pen on copy paper while helping my sons with their homework last week.

As you can see, I have a slightly twisted view of myself. My wife complains that I never actually capture my look when I draw myself... she's probably right. I feel that I draw me in a more metaphorical sense... I draw myself based more on how I feel about and/or how I see myself from within - exaggerating traits more than features.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Its always interesting to me to see how artists choose to represent themselves. Well done!

    ReplyDelete